Some key questions to consider before meeting with the contractor are:
- Do you want a spa as well as a pool?
- Do you have a color preference for the interior finish of the swimming pool?
- What type of decking do you like?
- What type of rock do you prefer for your waterfall?
- Do you want a grotto waterfall to swim under?
- Do you need space for entertaining or a play area for the kids? What about an area for pets?
- What is your budget, and can the design be built out in stages if needed?
Having these questions ready can help prepare you to choose the options that are available in a new swimming pool. Whatever your goal is, define it. When making every decision, ask yourself if that choice will enhance your design. If you are planning a complete outdoor design, it is easier to break it up into stages. In most cases, you will need to start in the backyard and work your way to the front because of access issues, unless you have a rear access to the property.
Take plenty of time to prepare before the initial meeting. By doing so, you can make sure your dreams and visions are well thought out and exactly what you want. Your backyard is an extension of your home and can become a mini-vacation spot if you have the right pool contractor for the job. Make sure that you find a contractor who is committed to listening to you and making your dream a reality.